We are putting together a closed Stress Test group. Stress Testers protect the game’s competitive balance. To do so, they need to find everything that can be broken before new cards are actually released.
The group’s purpose will be figuring out how to push card base to its limits and exploit things in ways we never intended. Fun isn’t the point here, the point is the challenge and puzzle of shattering the game into a million pieces… If you can.
The basic process would involve finding at least one, preferably two or three, friends to try and break the game with. Then, as the head of your playtest group, you’d post testing reports on a private forum for this program. We’d also specifically ask people to try and break certain strategies or certain cards.
The journey won’t be easy. Stress Testing takes time, commitment and a deep understanding of the game.
- Ability to work well with others and maintain a friendly environment
- Ability to build decks that can test the limits of a card’s potential;
- Ability to communicate the reasoning behind judgments with clear strategic analysis that is easy to understand and respond to, focusing on objective factors more than gut feelings.
- Capability of reporting bugs in a clear, concise, and direct manner
- Willingness to tolerate occasional in-game bugs and other early development issues
We are still working on the rewards and we will be working together with our Stress Testers to compile an attractive package. We would like to point out the fact that this is NOT a paid job.
How to apply
Please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities. Limit each of your answers to three paragraphs or less.
Send your answers, and your forum nickname, to firstname.lastname@example.org